Friday, April 10, 2009

Ok, I'm indecisive,

So what?!?

I've gotten a LOT of criticism lately for my brash move in trying to cut the Derek and Romaine show from my life. It truly causes too much drama for all the parties involved (me, Derek AND Romaine, and the listening populous at large).

I don't really know what to say for myself. If anyone asked me before, I would have said I DO NOT have an addictive personality, but my behavior in the past three months would certainly have proved me wrong.

I'm just now coming around to the fact that I'm something of a flip-flopper, I go through emotional highs and lows with DNR and their show. Nobody would want to admit it (a certain missus I'll leave nameless out of respect, and a blithering idiot I'll also leave nameless for some offshoot of the same reason), but most of those who listens to and actively participate in the show, they may in fact have the same problem I have.

WAIT FOR IT!...

The main difference for the majority of those people and myself, is that they don't struggle with the EXTREMES of the love/hate that I do.

I don't excuse my poor behavior. My behavior toward Derek and Romaine throughout that time was sickly poor at best! For those who had gone and publicly ridiculed me for it however, perhaps they DO have that same love/hate of mine only in a misguided direction.

So I made a faux pas. Just in the sake of not downsizing the situation I've made many with this area of my life. Why was my social blunder blown so out of proportion though?

The hosts, who are truly the only ones I've done anything to openly offend, have made it crystal clear that they WERE NOT offended by my actions (both on-air, and (also I'm expressly grateful) off-air as well). Why would other people feel so passionately as to punish me for something in which they are not directly related? My only conclusion is that they actually DO struggle with their own insecurities, and see a piece of themselves in me. They attack it easily, to an obviously vulnerable target, successfully avoiding the guilt they feel for themselves.


Such shame on you
!

I've finally spoken my peace on the matter, and with each entry becoming slightly more personal than the last, I think I may in fact HAVE to take this blog down, and start a diary for risk of this blog being seen as "unpalatable".

No comments:

Post a Comment